I-REIVAC set up an ambitious scientific program which develops six themes:
- Development of new anti-infectious vaccinations (preventive and therapeutic), with an emphasis on pre-clinical tests in collaboration with public and private partners.
- Vaccination of specific populations which should encourage the development of international collaborations, especially for studies concerning patients with rare and/or complex diseases (diabetes, auto immunity, transplantation, pregnancy, elder people and health professionals).
- Evaluation of benefit/risk of vaccination thanks to phase 4 studies in pharmaco-epidemiology and vaccination efficiency on people.
- Evaluation of immunology mechanisms and determiners of vaccination reaction, including the identification of biomarkers and correlates of immunity.
- Development of the Human and Social Sciences theme thanks to specific studies or nested case-control studies whose objective is to better identify fears and potential apprehension regarding vaccination.
- Setting up of the Biobank.